Carbon monoxide and natural gas detector alarm protects against two deadly house hold threats. Its compact, plug-in design only covers one outlet, and provides protection even in the event of a power outage. Microprocessor advanced technology auto calibrates to conditions eliminating nuisance alarms. It is fast and easy to install, with no wiring required. It uses a 9V Energizer alkaline battery, which is included. . Product end-of-service life warning sounds are activated when it is time to replace the alarm
Average Customer Rating:
(3 Reviews) 3
Rating Snapshot(3 reviews)
1 of 3(33%)reviewers would recommend this product to a friend.
Review 2 for Universal Carbon Monoxide and Natural Gas Detector
Share this review:
Prone to false alarms - had to return
Date:February 5, 2013
"I recently purchased this unit and installed it the basement. That very same night it sounded a CO alarm. I moved the detector to a location upstairs, and it sounded another CO alarm later that day. The fire department came (lights and sirens), only to find no trace of CO in the house at all. The unit was suspected to be faulty, and I returned it to Canadian Tire with the receipt with no hassles."
Was this review helpful to you?
Review 3 for Universal Carbon Monoxide and Natural Gas Detector
Share this review:
Date:January 24, 2012
"I purchased 2 of these units; 1 for upstairs (outside the bedrooms), and 1 for the main floor (near the entrance to the basement); which is typically recommended.
Best practice is to install these wall-mounted units away from direct sunlight, moisture and excessive dust.
We have not received any nuisance alarms with these units. The unit is much smaller than many of the other comparable units, and is a nice sleek design and only uses/covers 1 electrical outlet plug. The added security of the backup 9 volt battery is a nice feature too. Simple operation, detects CO and natural gas
If you currently have the ceiling-mounted CO detector, you should definitely purchase the wall-mount as a supplement or replacement. CO is heavier than oxygen, and fills up a room much like liquid would; so it is very possible that you could succumb to the CO before the ceiling-mounted unit detects the problem."